I focus on trust and estate litigation matters and bring more than 15 years' experience to my practice. My clients' time and trust are of utmost importance to me, so I commit to thoroughly explaining and helping them navigate the complex terrain of legal issues and options with integrity and respect. I am a proud member of the San Diego Bar Association, a California Notary Public, and I am a Court Appointed Attorney for Conservatorship and Guardianship matters in San Diego County. I am passionate about justice and defending my clients when litigation is required to produce tangible results with my innovative approach to the practice of law.
My strengths lie in my exceptional organizational, analytical, planning, researching, and negotiation skills, which I bring to every case. Clear and effective communication is key in the practice of law, and it is here I excel, both as a public speaker and on an interpersonal level with not only clients, but also coworkers, opposing parties, and judges.
In my experience as a litigation attorney at several respected firms in San Diego-and now as Managing Partner of this firm-I have used these skills to represent and defend my clients in trust and estate litigation matters, including:
- Contested trust and will litigation matters.
- Conservatorships and guardianships.
- Taking and defending depositions in disputed matters.
- Representing clients in judge and jury trials.
- Extensive negotiation experience in mediations resulting in settlements that exceeded my clients' expectations.
My Juris Doctor is from Hamline University School of Law, where I earned a Merit Scholarship and participated in the Giles Sutherland and Rich Memorial Moot Court in 2002 and 2003. I earned my B.A. in International Studies and German, minoring in Political Science, from the University of North Dakota, and spent a year abroad studying at the University of Regensburg, Germany. During this time, I was awarded the Arneberg Award and Max Kade Academic Scholarship.
As my client, you can expect to be listened to well and honestly advised about your best potential outcome. Please contact me today for your free consultation.
Areas of Practice
- Trust Litigation
- Probate Litigation
- Elder Abuse Litigation
- Fiduciary Representation
- Trust & Probate Administration
- California, 2006
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 2006
- Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 2004
- Honors: Merit Scholarship 2001
- Honors: Deans List Spring 2004
- Honors: Giles Sutherland and Rich Memorial Moot Court 2002/03
- University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- B.A. - 2000
- Major: International Studies and German
- Minor: Political Science
- University of Regensburg Abroad Study, Sept. 1998-1999, Germany
- Honors: Arneberg Award
- Honors: Max Kade Academic Scholarship
Professional Associations and Memberships
- San Diego Bar Association, Member
- California Notary Public